We encourage cosplay at Anime Fusion. These policies are in place for the safety and protection of all attendees.
For the purposes of these policies, the term “costume” applies to every piece of a cosplay outfit. This includes pieces that are worn, props that are carried, or any other accessories or items brought into convention space by an attendee or cosplay group as part of their costume. If you are unsure if your costume or part of your costume will be allowed under the policies listed below, please contact us.
Anime Fusion is an all-ages event. All costumes worn in convention space must be appropriate for our overall PG-13 rating. This includes text on costumes or accessories attached to costumes. Clothing printed with pornographic imagery, including “ahegao” collage prints, is not permitted. The “bikini” areas of the body must be covered by solid material that is not see-through. This includes the entire buttocks and breast area, for all genders. Attendees who are not sufficiently covered will be asked to change clothes. Non-clothing items that can be easily lost, such as towels, are not considered sufficient covering.
All pieces of a costume must remain in the cosplayer’s control at all times. No glitter, flower petals, or anything else that might flake off and create a mess unless it has been permanently secured to the costume. Be mindful of large props or overly large costumes and take care not to hit anyone or block walkways while moving around convention space.
Costumes must be safe for a crowded public space. No sharp edges or sharpened points. Footwear must be worn at all times.
Anime Fusion is committed to providing a comfortable environment for its attendees. Cosplayers displaying symbols, text, or imagery that is deemed hateful or offensive may be asked to change clothes. Law enforcement uniforms that are realistic enough to cause potential confusion are not permitted.
All costumes must adhere to the Weapons Policies listed below.
- NO REAL WEAPONS. This includes nunchaku, throwing stars, and anything else that is designed primarily to be used as a weapon.
- No guns, or unmarked realistic replicas of guns. Any prop guns must be obviously identifiable as fake (for example, those clearly marked with an orange tip) and be unable to fire any projectiles. If you are seen carrying a weapon that can be mistaken for a real firearm, site staff will call police first and ask questions later, so use your best judgment.
- No prop/weapon that can shoot projectiles (i.e. Nerf guns, slingshots, arrows). You may carry the prop as long as no projectiles are present or the prop has been made unable to fire said projectiles. This includes items such as squirt guns or bubble blowers.
- NO LIVE STEEL, including swords, daggers, katana, knives etc. We define “live steel” as any objects made of metal that are capable of taking an edge, whether or not the object is actually sharp or not, or whether a sword/object is sheathed or not. Keep these items in your room or vehicle.
- No explosives or chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to, smoke powder, sparklers, and fireworks.
- Wooden items are allowed. Anything made of paper mache or other material that is not dangerous to others (e.g. has no sharp edges, or parts sticking out that might trip people as they walk by) is allowed. Please use common sense and remember you will be in a crowded area.
- Misuse of your prop such as swinging it or endangering others with it will result in us asking you to remove the prop from the event or convention space.
- All props and weapons brought into the convention or event must be presented for inspection when requested by Anime Fusion staff.
- All questionable weapons or props will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- All decisions made by Anime Fusion staff are final.
If you bring in any item that violates the above policies, we will require you to put it back in your car or hotel room.