Updated 8/20/2022. The below policies are final and will not change between now and the 2022 convention, unless required by law.
8/28/22: Added clarification of vaccination criteria.
9/21/22: Additional clarification of vaccination criteria.
10/6/22: Added clarification of testing criteria.
We at Anime Fusion want to see in-person conventions return as much as you do, but our primary concern is the safety of our staff and attendees. We’ve set the following policies so we can bring anime fans back together face-to-face as safely as possible during the pandemic.
Before you register for this year’s convention, please read the below carefully and be aware these are the policies that may be in place. Your registration for Anime Fusion constitutes your agreement to adhere to the COVID-19 policies set for the event.
- All on-site attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, OR provide documentation of a negative PCR test result.
- “Fully vaccinated” is defined as having received two (2) doses of any FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine more than two (2) weeks prior to the event. This can be two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, or the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine plus one booster shot.
- PCR tests must be taken less than 72 hours prior to arrival at Registration. Antibody/antigen and home test results will not be accepted.
- Vaccination or negative test documentation must be shown at Registration to receive a convention badge. This information will not be recorded or kept by QCA/Anime Fusion in any way.
- You may bring your physical vaccine card, show your official vaccination records, or show a clear photo of either to receive your badge. You can also use the Docket app or your medical provider’s app to show proof of vaccination via your phone, or request paper records from MIIC. Vaccinations must be dated October 6th or earlier.
- Face masks that fully cover the nose and mouth must be worn in all convention spaces at all times. Masks may be removed outdoors, or in designated areas while eating or taking photos. Cosplay pieces that completely cover the nose and mouth such as full helmets are acceptable as masks, but please carry a face mask with you for times when you may need to remove your helmet.
- Children under 2 years of age are exempt from vaccination, testing, and mask requirements, but must have a parent or legal guardian with them at Registration to approve their attendance.
- While we will do our best to keep our attendees safe from COVID-19, we cannot guarantee there will not be infected individuals on the premises. Anyone who decides to attend Anime Fusion in person does so at their own risk.
- Face masks that fully cover the nose and mouth must be worn in all convention spaces at all times. Masks are required for everyone age 2 and up. Masks may be removed outdoors, or in designated areas while eating or taking photos. Cosplay pieces that completely cover the nose and mouth such as full helmets are acceptable as masks, but please carry a face mask with you for times when you may need to remove your helmet.
- Areas where masks may be removed will be clearly marked so attendees can make an informed decision on whether to enter these areas.
- Seating in programming rooms will be reduced to 75% to allow for reasonable distancing. Lines will be cut off when rooms are full.
- Each function space will have a hand sanitizer dispenser near the entrance. Shared programming and gaming equipment will be cleaned between uses.
- Con Fuel will be open, but will prioritize individually prepackaged items and instant foods.