Looking for a unique keepsake? Support local creators by visiting our Artist Alley, where the artists of our community show off their skills! From crafts to prints to one-of-a-kind commissioned works, you're sure to find something that catches your eye.
The 2016 Artist Alley is currently full and the waiting list is closed.
Here are some of the studios that will be joining us at the convention:
Berry Blitz Studio
Fried Unicorn Studio
Only Slightly Venomous Arts
Sewn Together Reflections
Policies for Artists
Anime Fusion seeks to encourage artists to celebrate what they love while respecting the rights of copyright holders. The Artist Alley is for unique or limited-edition items created by the artist(s) or studio reserving the table. Individuals looking to sell mass-produced merchandise or items created by people other than themselves should apply to the Dealers Room. Jewelry and other craft items are allowed if they are handmade. Prints, paintings, sculptures, and other works of art are permitted within the bounds of the following policies.
- Any artwork based on copyrighted characters not owned by the artist must be drawn in the artist's own unique style and design. Images traced or duplicated from copyrighted material are strictly prohibited.
- Any artwork featuring copyrighted characters that is printed on mass-produced items, such as T-shirts, will be considered bootleg merchandise and also strictly prohibited.
- Prints of artwork based on copyrighted material that are drawn in the artist's own style and design must be limited print runs. Items such as buttons and keychains that feature such artwork are permitted if they are in limited quantity and individually made.
- Prints or other items featuring entirely original artwork are allowed in any quantity. Unique artwork commissioned by attendees at the convention is also allowed.
- Items based on copyrighted material cannot include trademarked text or symbols such as character names, logos, or other official marks (for example, the symbol on the back of Edward Elric's coat in Fullmetal Alchemist).
- All items based on copyrighted material must be easily distinguishable from any licensed merchandise.
- All items openly displayed in the Alley must be appropriate for all ages. Any adult material must be kept securely covered and shown only on request to attendees age 18 or older with a valid government-issued ID.
By requesting a table in the Artist Alley, you acknowledge that you alone are responsible for following the above policies and you will be held accountable for any violations. Anyone found to be displaying items for sale in the Artist Alley that violate these policies may be subject to removal from the convention, with their table and badges revoked without refund. Anime Fusion reserves the right to require any artist to remove objectionable items from their table.
The Artist Alley will be located in a secured room that will be open to convention attendees during scheduled hours:
Friday, October 21: 2 PM - 7 PM
Saturday, October 22: 10 AM - 6 PM
Sunday, October 23: 10 AM - 4 PM
Please plan on being present at your table or removing your items to a safe location while the room is open. Anime Fusion cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items. Artists displaying an Artist Alley badge will be allowed early access to the room for setup, and then up to one hour prior to opening and up to one hour after closing each day during the convention. Access will not be permitted outside of those hours for security reasons.
Table Application Process
Due to the current hotel situation, the 2016 Artist Alley will be smaller than in previous years. In 2017 and onward the Alley will be moved to a larger space, but for this year, please bear with us as we work with what we have. As there will be far more applicants than available space, we are making some changes to the application process to make things as fair as possible for everyone while ensuring a good experience for both artists and attendees.
The 2016 Artist Alley application form will open on Sunday, June 5th at 10:00 AM and will close on Sunday, June 19th at 10:00 AM.
After the application period ends, all submissions will be reviewed for compliance with the Artist Alley policies. Approved artists will be sorted into categories (i.e. prints, jewelry, etc) depending on the kind of submissions received. Artists will then be accepted into the Alley in the order in which they applied, until each category is full. The goal is to provide a variety of items in the Artist Alley while allowing for a reasonable application period. We do not judge the quality of your art. There will be a waiting list in addition to the accepted list. Anime Fusion reserves the right to decline any application for any reason.
All artists will be notified of their application's status by Sunday, June 26th. Upon acceptance, you will be sent an invoice that can be paid online or by mail. Final confirmation of your placement in the Artist Alley will be sent after payment is received. Table assignments will be on a first-paid, first-placed basis. Artists can request to be placed next to each other, but we cannot guarantee any such requests.
The cost of a booth in the 2016 Artist Alley is $85 for one 8-foot table, two chairs, and two convention badges. The individuals receiving the badges must be age 18 or older. Artist Alley badges allow full access to the rest of the convention; you do not need to register separately.
The deadline for payments is July 15, 2016. Any approved tables not paid for by this date will be offered to applicants on the waiting list. Artists who cancel after the payment deadline will only be refunded if we are able to successfully resell their table to another artist.
We cannot guarantee a wall outlet will be available in any particular location. A guaranteed power drop is available for an additional fee if requested from the hotel in advance. Contact the Artist Alley staff for a electricity request form after your table is confirmed.
The 2016 Artist Alley is currently full and the waiting list is closed. See you at the convention!
Questions? Email our Artist Alley dep