Join Our Team
Anime Fusion is a non-profit convention that is run entirely by volunteers. It takes a lot of dedicated team members to keep Fusion running, and we need your help! Anyone interested in joining staff is invited to attend a staff meeting or contact us by email.
THE STAFF DIFFERENCE
You might have volunteered at a convention before – doing tasks at the event in exchange for prizes. Anime Fusion offers a volunteering program at our convention as well. See the Volunteer page for more information on volunteering at the convention.
Staff, on the other hand, work on the convention year-round. The various departments are responsible for planning every aspect of the convention, from the layout of the rooms to the lighting of the cosplay contest stage. We have monthly staff meetings where we check in on how everything is going and help each other out wherever we can. It’s a great way to meet other anime fans in the community and make new friends, while making a direct contribution to a convention you love and helping it run smoothly. If there’s something new you’d like to see at Anime Fusion, or something you wish would change, joining staff is the best way to make it happen!
Staff do not earn prizes like at-con volunteers, but they enjoy several other perks:
- Complimentary registration for the convention
- A discounted rate on hotel rooms at the convention venue
- Access to the staff lounge during the convention with snacks and beverages
- An invitation to the Sunday night staff pizza party after the convention with special prize drawings
- Ability to run for the Board of Directors and vote in the annual election
- Treats and social time at staff meetings and events throughout the year
- The feeling of accomplishment that comes from working with great people to create something special for your community!
Staff service is also a fun way to earn volunteer hours for your job or school credit, and it looks great on a resume! All staff work pre-scheduled hours at the convention, so you’re free to enjoy the event the rest of the weekend. If you want to see Anime Fusion continue to make thousands of anime fans happy for years to come, please consider helping us make it happen.
No experience? No problem! Our department heads and other experienced leaders are happy to help train you, and find a place where you can make a valuable contribution. We all started out as volunteers ourselves.
Anime Fusion currently has several teams looking for additional staff.
- Registration: The first friendly staff faces our attendees see when they arrive at the con! Check in pre-registered people and process walk-up registrations.
- Gaming: Help plan, set up, and run our Video Gaming rooms, including cataloging and checking out games for attendees to play. This may also include running events, interest and comfort level permitting.
- Programming: Help schedule panels, video screenings, and other events for the convention. This team also makes sure scheduled activities run as planned during the event.
- Safety: Act as a liaison between staff and attendees while answering questions, directing floor traffic, and helping to make sure Anime Fusion is a safe and friendly place.
- Merchandise: Design and sell fun Anime Fusion keepsakes to congoers.
- Hotel Liaison: Help coordinate needs and itemizations between convention staff and the venue. You’ll also act as a go-between during the convention for real-time requests and troubleshooting.
- Logistics: Get equipment and supplies to the departments who need them. This includes moving equipment from storage to the venue and getting things from point A to point B during the event.
- Con Fuel: Keep everyone on their feet by preparing snacks and beverages and serving them to our attendees.
- Livestream: Broadcast on-site programming for virtual attendees and remote viewing.
Flex Staff: Not sure what you’d like to do? Uncertain how much free time you’ll have at the convention? Help us out on the fly as part of our on-call floating staff team.
If you have questions, want more information, or would like to sign up, join us at a staff meeting or contact our Volunteers department. We look forward to working with you!
Anime Fusion staff meetings are open to the public. You’re welcome to join us at any time!
Sunday, June 18th @ 1:00 PM (Augsburg Park Library)
Tuesday, July 11th @ 7:00 PM (Crowne Plaza)
All staff meetings are also accessible online via FreeConferenceCall.com: