Room Party Application
Room Party applications are currently CLOSED
Applications for 2020 room parties will open soon!
ROOM PARTY POLICIES
- All open-door room party hosts must be pre-registered with Anime Fusion and reserve a room at the hotel. You must email the room confirmation number to Room Parties by September 15th.
- A party must be open for at least six hours of operation minimum over the course of the convention. Unless an exception is given you must be open on both nights of the convention.
- If an emergency happens you must contact the Room Parties department to notify them your room will not be open that night.
- If unable to reach Room Parties, please contact Operations.
- Room party organizers must submit the following information to be considered for a room party:
- Room party room title and description or plan/concept (including if there will be age restrictions and/or alcoholic beverages)
- Host name (the person(s) responsible for the party)
- Emergency contact information (Your cell phone number, email address, badge name, and the names of anyone else that will be staying in your room or supervising your room party)
- Declaration of hours of operation.
- Name on reservation / Reservation number/ Contact Information.
- At least one room party host must be present and sober in the room during party hours. There must be two responsible hosts that have a valid badge registered as party contacts. If the names of the hosts change we must be notified. We need the legal names of the hosts in order to verify registration.
- Dance parties and parties with loud music are limited due to noise restrictions. Room Parties staff can help you set acceptable music levels in your room to avoid noise complaints interrupting your party.
- Anime Fusion and Quad Cities Anime, its staff, and affiliates accept no responsibility for room parties. Attendees and guests who violate hotel, local, state, and/or federal policies and ordinances do so at their own risk. Hosts of room parties accept full responsibility for any damages or loss related to their party and the hotel room, including but not limited to fees for cleaning, property damage, and room resets.
- A party may promote their event with age-appropriate materials. Flyers may be posted on hotel property if approved by event staff and blue painter’s tape is used. The room party host(s) will honor any restriction of promotion material made by the hotel.
- Parties in which alcohol is being served should be clearly noted. Any age-restricted parties must ID at the door accepting only government (state and federal) issued IDs and are subject to local laws and restrictions.
- All parties must comply with Minnesota Statute 340A – Liquor Laws
- Hotel and event safety staff reserve the right to shut down any party that causes disturbance to other guests and attendees or violates these room party policies.
- Open-door room parties must allow admittance to anyone with a valid Anime Fusion badge; additional government-issued ID may be required for an age-restricted party. A party host may contact Room Parties and Safety staff if there is an attendee or guest causing a disturbance.
- Registrations for other conventions may be taken and room parties are allowed to accept tips or donations, but other commerce is not allowed within room parties. The sale of tickets, merchandise, food and/or drink is not permitted.
- NOTE: Hotel policy states that any guest caught serving alcohol to a minor or not checking IDs will be reported to local police and subject to legal ramifications. The guest will not be allowed back into the hotel and the room is forfeited. Any payments paid to the hotel are non-refundable and any outstanding balances must be paid in full. Furthermore, any attendee violating the hotel’s alcohol policy will be banned permanently from Anime Fusion.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How do I know if my party request was approved or received?
A. Room Parties staff should reply within a week of your form being submitted. If you have not received notification after a full week, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please re-submit your form.
Q. What is required for me to run a room party?
A. Minimum requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be registered to attend the convention.
- You must have registered for a hotel room.
- Two room party hosts are required per party.
Q. Do I have to be registered for the convention to run a party?
A. Yes, you must be registered for the convention.
Q. Can I sleep in my room party?
A. Yes, you can sleep in your room party room. Please make sure it does not interfere with your hours of operation.
Q. What if I want a separate sleeping room?
A. Please make reservations as normal for two hotel rooms, then email us the confirmation number for the room you are reserving for your party.
Q. Can I have the beds or furniture removed from my room?
A. Yes. Bed removal is $150 per room (plus 7.525% tax). All furniture can be removed from a room for $300 (plus tax). If you choose this option, the only items that will remain in the room are:
- Nightstand with lamp
- 2 floor lamps
Q. What is not allowed in a room party?
A. Any use of the following is not permitted:
- Fog Machines
- Open Flames
- Dry Ice
In addition, unreasonably loud parties may be asked to quiet down due to noise regulations.
Q. Is any music allowed to be played in my party?
A. Yes, background music can be played and TV noise will be allowed. Please check with the Room Party staff during setup and at the beginning of your party to judge if the level of your volume is too loud. They reserve the right to require you turn down the volume of your sound at any time during the weekend. (This also applies to overly loud group conversations or TV/video games).
Q. How do I put up decorations and signs?
A. Blue painter’s tape. Please hang signs only on the walls, not glass doors or windows.
Q. Am I allowed to serve alcohol at my party?
A. Yes, 21+ parties are allowed. You are required to ID everyone at the door. (Government-issued IDs must be checked; a convention badge does not count.) All alcohol must be consumed in the party area.
Q. If I get a drink at a party can it leave the area?
A. No. Alcoholic drinks cannot be taken out of the party area. Alcohol cannot be carried openly in the general convention space.
Q. Are contests allowed in parties? Am I allowed to give out prizes?
A. Yes, you can run a contest in your room, but you may not charge for participation. Yes, prizes can be given out.
Q. How long does my party need to be open?
A. A minimum of 6 hours throughout the weekend. Your party needs to be open both nights of the convention (Friday and Saturday night).
Q. Can I throw a one-day party?
A. We require that parties are open both nights. If you would like to inquire about an exception please contact us.
ROOM PARTY APPLICATION FORM
Applications for 2020 room parties will open later this year. The form will appear here at that time.
Be sure you have read all the information on this page before submitting an application. You will be held responsible for adhering to all policies posted on this page.